Saturday, February 27, 2010

Family Jewels Written & Directed By Martin Stitt, Produced by La Monde Byrd



A Review by Andrea R. Garrison - Online With Andrea


Family Jewels starring Jennifer Christopher, Josh Carmichael, Wyatt Carmichael and Ethan Carmichael is a wonderful film about Carol, a mother and a U.S. soldier who is about to deploy to Afghanistan. The night before she leaves her family wants to make sure that she has a memorable farewell before her departure. This short received rave reviews at the Sundance Film Festival and I understand why. The acting, the direction and the production quality of this film is excellent. Once I started watching Family Jewels I was captivated. So if you can see it please do. My only complaint is that it was too short approximately 20 minutes. To the creators and producers of this film I say don’t leave me hanging. I want to know what happens to Carol when she goes off to war. How does Kurt, her husband manage with their two boys, Ethan and Wyatt while she is away from her family. Now I am left with all of these questions and now you must answer them by turning this short into a feature length film. For now I would be happy seeing this excellent short as an opener for a major feature film release. Family Jewels is an American Film Institute production in association with Society Film Works. Listen to the Online With Andrea interview with Producer La Monde Byrd and Director Martin Stitt.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home